Monday, June 25, 2012

Post-It Page Marker Math


I love Post-It® notes. So does my son. I’m not sure what either of us thinks is so special about them, but whenever our learning activities involve Post-Its, we BOTH have fun. This activity is no exception.


I bought a pack of multi-colored Post-It Page Markers at the store and designed three pages for my son to stick them to. Each page has a different number on it (i.e. 12, 25, 60).


On the Post-Its I wrote a variety of math problems (addition, subtraction, and even a few easy multiplication ones). Each pad of page markers had problems with answers that matched to different pages.


It was up to my son to answer the problem and stick the Post-It Page Marker to the right page, giving the lion a mane, the hedgehog quills, or the child hair.

My son had loads of fun with this activity, pushing himself to get each problem right. When he answered wrong, he knew it. There was no page for that marker! He recalculated, and found the marker’s home.


My son solved 33 problems doing this activity (15 for the lion page, 10 for the hedgehog, and 8 for the child)!!


Want to do this activity with only one page? Simply write a variety of problems, many with the answer that’s on the page and other problems with answers that are not. Challenge your child to match-up the right problems and reserve the ones with the wrong answers.

Download the pages I made here.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a FANTASTIC idea! How fun! I just need to wait for my little guy to be able to use them. I think I need to come up with a way to use these in my classroom for sure! Thanks for the download!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!!! I LOVE your ideas and am getting so inspired to try these with my 6 year old son (we homeschool). I think he would love this activity with the post it notes... Who doesn't like post its, right ;-) thx so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely something my kids would love to do!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful activity to practice math facts! You are so creative - thanks for the printables!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how fun!! I love this activity!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to let you know I am featuring this post this week!

      Delete
  6. Oh what fun! Brilliant idea for math and creativity all while keeping it FUN! I'm pinning this to try down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Find the best and top Engineering Schools in the US! Visit http://www.engineeringdegrees101.com for the details and explore the information we have available!

    ReplyDelete