Friday, January 31, 2014

Olympic Winter Games BINGO


My son loves BINGO. If you've been following my site for awhile, this is not exactly news to you. Truth be told, I like it too. It's a game we can play together and because it's based entirely on luck, any player can win.

Since our family is counting down the days until the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, I thought it would be fun to make a BINGO game with that as my inspiration. Having made graphics of four sports already (for our Olympic-inspired Sudoku game), all I needed to do was make three more graphics and then use them in game cards and call cards.

I made six game cards and laminated them. Then I cut the five pages of call cards apart and shuffled them. With a bowl full of circular cereal (doesn't it kind of remind you of the Olympic rings?), we were ready to play.

A free 11-page PDF of this game is available on Google Drive here. Note: this is a pretty colorful game. To keep from draining all the ink in your personal printer, take the downloaded file on a thumb drive to your local office supply store to have them print it for you.

I had my son select one of the six Winter Olympic Games bingo game cards I'd made; I picked another one. Then, I placed the stack of call cards facedown between us.


One by one we flipped them, placing cereal game pieces on the lettered sport pictured on the card we turned over (and the FREE space, too).

When I was the first player to get five in a row and win, my son eagerly suggested we play black-out. And when we were done, he asked to play again.


As we played, we talked about some of the sports pictured. He's especially excited to watch the biathlon now. (He's not the only one.)

6 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! What a great way to learn the Winter Olympics sports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great printable! I pinned it to my Olympics board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute! My daughter would love it. Feel free to check us out at http://everystarisdifferent.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha that's a really sweet idea... Gotta try it with my sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I need! Come link up with us @costours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful activity to celebrate the Winter Olympic Games! Thanks so much for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete